Monday, October 5, 2009

Facebook Apps

I have been working on a Google Android application for a while and has programmer block so I decided that I needed a break. So I began working on a Facebook Application during that break. Some break huh?

I've been working on this Facebook game called Chibi Heroes for a week or so. You can find it on http://apps.facebook.com/chibiheroes/

Yes, it is written using asp.net. Thanks to Kayson Wong for the excellent tutorial that he completed on 26 September 2009 (a week ago ha ha ha). It took me that long because I have no prior experience whatsoever in programming ASP.NET, although I have been using C# for the past 3 years commercially. The tutorial was so easy to understand I bet that anyone experience with ASP.NET programming can pick it up and hammer out a Facebook Apps in a few days.

This game Chibi Heroes will mark a turning point for me. This is the first program that I'm developing not as a consultant but as a SaaS (Software as a Service) provider. What do I provide? Entertainment. Hopefully.

Stay tuned as I go into details of the inner workings of Chibi Heroes in the next few weeks.

PS: I will be working on the Android apps as soon as I finished beta.

No comments:

Post a Comment