Friday, November 6, 2009

High Road or Go for Broke?

A week ago I came across this article in TechCrunch :
http://www.techcrunch.com/2009/10/31/scamville-the-social-gaming-ecosystem-of-hell/

What happens is that one of the big three of Facebook Game developers are using offers that borders on scam. You know, the hidden download toolbar from internet and automatic signup on premium sms texting services.

I never knew a part of the 200 mil revenue per year that Zynga has comes from scam offers!

Indeed, this has got me thinking on they way to monetize from ChibiHeroes. Taking offers out of the picture, I guess I would have to make do with paypal and credit card payments only so that my players don't get scammed.

How much will this decision affect my profitability? Probably a lot. But then I guess I can sleep much better since my players don't feel cheated and will buy more directly as an added incentive.

No comments:

Post a Comment