Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Simple TCP Client Server

I've been busy the last few weeks working on some web application. Some document management system, hotel management system, bills management system... even a project management system. I took a few days break from working on them to do some simple mental exercise. I wrote a client server program.

A lot of people would incredulously say "taking a break for you means writing a socket based client and server program?! And you wrote the client in C# while the server is written in Python?!!"

The answer is yes, and yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm as sane as any other person. My idea of a REAL break is relaxing on the seashore, under a big canopy, with Bob Marley's "Three Little Birds" playing in the background.

Anyways, here it is, the C# client and the Python based server. These are working copy that can be easily modified to turn the client-server into a chat program, a game, or whatever. Have fun!



And now, time to work on my web-base strategy game. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment